Chief Development Officer
Reports To: Executive Director
Exemption Status: Exempt
Sierra Forever Families is a private non-profit agency that focuses on finding permanency for children and youth in the foster care system. We are seeking an energetic, creative individual to help transform the lives of children in foster care by building and nurturing permanent families. The agency is looking for a Chief Development Officer to develop and implement short and long-term fundraising strategies to increase financial support that creates long term financial stability to ensure continued support for our mission.
We transform the lives of children in foster care by building and nurturing permanent families.
The Chief Development Officer’s is accountable for all Sierra Forever Families fundraising and public relations activities. Responsible for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gift donors and foundation and government grant opportunities. Builds close working relationships with staff, volunteers, individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, Certified Fund Raising Professional (CFRE) preferred
- Successful Fund Raiser, minimum of five (5) years of progressive fundraising experience
- Ability to work effectively with the senior management group and Board of Directors to develop and implement the vision and future direction of the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships within the community
- Leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to lead and supervise a fund development staff
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and evaluate pertinent data
- Creative problem solver, results driven
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment
- Knowledge of the communities that Sierra serves
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with a proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Familiarity with donor database software
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends depending on the needs of the agency
- Possess a valid California driver’s license, proof of adequate vehicle insurance, and have access to reliable transportation
- Must submit to and pass health screen, TB test, criminal record, and child abuse index clearances
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Benefit package includes PTO, health, dental, vision, and 403(b)
Position Location: Sacramento (main office), additional offices: Placer and Nevada Counties
To Apply: E-mail resume and cover letter detailing your relevant skills and experiences and how they fit the needs of the position along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.